Don’t you just love avocados? Well I do? In fact I love its glorious tastelessness, especially when paired with egg whites in a sandwich. They were my on the go lunch meal for so long. Avocadoes are versatile, and I decided to try the Mexican Guacamole.
Guacamole goes nicely as spread for toast, but it also goes perfectly with crisps, as they are both spicy. Guacamole and Crisps, are the perfect lounging snack. Almost like an alternative to popcorn, you can netflix and chill with your Guacamole and crisps. Yes, I know covid and chill is literally in its rounding up phase, but hey there’s always Saturday chill.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the seed and use a spoon to get the avocado out of its skin
- Mash the avocado into a paste
- Cut your tomato into 2, cut out the base and use a spoon to deseed the tomoatoes
- Chop your tomatoes
- Dice your onion and soak them in water to dilute its strong flavour
- Add your tomatoes and onions to your mashed avocado
- Add salt, black pepper and sprinkle half a lemon into the guacamole dip
- Serve with crisps.